Confusion in CruiseControl integration

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I'm stuck on getting my Remote Install Results to work.  The documentation seems to jump back and forth between RemoteInstaller.xsl and RemoteInstallResults.xsl.

2) Copy xsl\CruiseControl.xsl from a RemoteInstaller distribution into C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\webdashboard\xsl\RemoteInstaller.xsl and C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\server\xsl\RemoteInstaller.xsl

Now we have RemoteInstaller.xsl. Ok.

3. Edit C:\Program Files\CruiseControl.NET\webdashboard\dashboard.config and reference the RemoteInstaller.xsl under buildPlugins/buildReportBuildPlugin/xslFileNames and buildPlugins/xslReportBuildPlugin

The next XML snippet references "RemoteInstallResults.xsl".  Where did this file come from?  

<buildPlugins>

<buildReportBuildPlugin>

<xslFileNames>

<xslFile>xsl\RemoteInstallResults.xsl</xslFile>

</xslFileNames>

</buildReportBuildPlugin>

<xslReportBuildPlugin description="RemoteInstall Report" actionName="RemoteInstallReport" xslFileName="xsl\RemoteInstallResults.xsl"/>

</buildPlugins>

Developer
Jan 29, 2011 at 5:51 AM

Hi.

I noticed the same issue and submitted a work item here:

http://remoteinstall.codeplex.com/workitem/12929

Basically, "RemoteInstaller.xsl" and "RemoteInstallerResults.xsl" are the same file but the documentation is just a little inconsistent. ;)

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:31 PM

So I should basically take CruiseControl.xsl and copy it to xsl/RemoteInstaller.xsl and xsl/RemoteInstallResults.xsl (in /server and /webdashboard) and then follow the other directions (within the context of the other changes you suggested)?  When I try this I get an odd output format that looks like it is caused by malformed XML.

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:32 PM

I re-read your comment and now I think what you mean is that I should take CruiseControl.xsl, copy it as RemoteInstallResults.xsl and use that everywhere in the docs.  I'll generate a patch later today.

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Thanks for the patches. Everything looks good, I applied the changes that are up there.